The actions of the project will be delivered over five phases of work and through three work packages relating to Industry, Skills and Education and Training.
A key action of the R&D phase is the development of the supply chain portal website developed by Marine South East.
The Preparation phase
- Establish BEEMS administrative base and financial systems.
The Research and Development phase
- Identify how cross border workforce requirements will develop over time and where skills gaps lie.
- Identify and promote the career opportunities and pathways that are available to young and mature entrants alike.
- Collaborate in order to devise appropriate employment strategies and training programmes to meet the skills gap.
The Implementation phase
- Deliver and promote cross border actions that test research findings, develop skills training programmes.
- Draft a training programme leading to a cross border certification for baseline skills in the operation and maintenance sector.
The Evaluation and Dissemination phase
- Establish the impact and legacy of BEEMS and its activities. The work packages will provide the format for evaluation and information gained from each and will ensure a custom of best practice for future Interreg projects and the next stage of BEEMS. The methodology that will be employed at each stage includes collating, analysing and reporting the impact of work undertaken for each work package.
- Marine renewable energy, and specifically offshore wind, is a huge economic growth area for the territories covered by the BEEMS partnership, and for each partner this project is a step in a long journey to 2020. The partnership will discuss in more detail the opportunities to continue to work in collaboration during the implementation and evaluation and dissemination stages.
The Administrative and Financial closure phase
- Formal closure of the project including financial returns and final audit.